Friday, January 6, 2012

While craving for her


I find her in the gossips of holy statues;
I find her in timeless, teeny rivers running
over unknown lands with grazing goats.
I find her on blistered tongues which are
never tired to spell and sing love. I find
her while drawing the curtain over fiery
love rumors. I find her at the edge of my
romantic brain, on every inch of tearful
darkness. I find her in each breath I feign.
I find her on white walls, in the fragrant
frangipanis of my garden. If this vast sky
can see itself in a street puddle’s mirror,
why can’t I find my darling in the moon?
If disloyal souls find good love why can’t
I find her the way I wish? I find her in wine.
I find her in solitude. In pure, red solitude.



Amit Parmessur


Born in 1983, Amit Parmessur is one of the editors of The Rainbow Rose. His poems have appeared in around 100 literary magazines such as: Ann Arbor Review, Calliope Nerve, Black-Listed Magazine, Red Fez, Damazine, Zouch Magazine and many others. His book on blog Lord Shiva & other poems has been recently published by The Camel Saloon. He is nominated for the 2011 Pushcart Award and lives in Quatre-Bornes, Mauritius.


No comments:

Post a Comment